This recipe is not mine but Shireen’s. The name of her blog is Ruchik Randhap which means delicious cooking in Konkani. Her recipes are awesome and the photos are wonderful. Check her blog out and I am sure you will agree with me.
I have tried this recipe several times already. It’s my favorite and so does my hubby. It’s simple and easy to prepare and most of all, it’s delicious!
Chicken – 1 kg
Dried red chillies – 3
Peppercorns – 5
Coriander – 2 tsp
Cumin – 1 tsp
Tamarind – marble size
Coconut milk – 3 tsp or grated coconut – 4 tbsp
Onion – 1 slice for frying
Light butter or oil
1. Wash & cut the chicken to medium size pieces
2. Roast the condiments (red chillies, peppercorns, coriander, cumin) on slow fire one by one till you get a nice aroma. Keep aside for a few minutes so that it cools off & the chillies become crisp.
3. Grind the roasted condiments with tamarind & coconut powder and a little water. Make a fine paste.
4. Heat oil & lightly fry the roasted condiments (masala) & add the chicken to it. Add salt to taste & let the chicken cook for 15mins.
5. Add little amount of water and let it boil until chicken is cooked.
6. Season it with one sliced onion (fried in butter)
7. Serve hot with rice or chappathi.
To see the original recipe, please visit Ruchik Randhap
Thank you Shireen for all your magnificent recipes and for letting me share it here.