Being a wife and a mother, I have decided to love cooking and so far so good. I now enjoy cooking as much as I enjoy eating. Most of all, my hubby appreciates and is happy about it. Below is one of my hubby's fave dish. He taught me the recipe. It is a very simple dish and easy to prepare.
Ingredients : Dal - 1 cup Palak leaves- 1 bunch Tomato - 1 small (sliced) Onion - 1 medium (sliced) Green Chili - 2 pcs Turmeric - 1/3 tsp Salt to taste Seasoning : Mustard seeds - 1/3 tsp Cumin - a pinch Garlic - 10 cloves (crushed w/ skin) Onion - 1 small (sliced thinly) Curry leaves - 10 leaves Method : 1. Wash & boil the Dal together with tomato,onion,green chili,turmeric and salt. Cook until Dal is mushy. 2. Meanwhile, fry the seasoning ingredients then keep aside. 3. Wash the Palak leaves well then cut them around 1 inch including the soft stems. 4. If the Dal is mushy, add the palak leaves and fried seasoning then let it boil for few minutes. Taste and add more salt if needed. 5. Serve with plain rice and fried fish. Happy eating!
- Palak Paneer (lajjatdarswayampak.wordpress.com)
- Palak Paneer (ownchef.wordpress.com)
- Indian Spinach Paneer Palak recipe – 199 calories (dietrecipesblog.com)
- Palak-Methi Na Muthia (cuisineindia.wordpress.com)
- Dali Toy (Konkani Dal) (lajjatdarswayampak.wordpress.com)
- Palak Omlette (keralataste.wordpress.com)
- Crispy chana dal chivda/snack (cuisineindia.wordpress.com)
- Palak Chole (Chickpea and Spinach Curry) (cook2jhoom.wordpress.com)
- Chana Dal Vada with a twist (lajjatdarswayampak.wordpress.com)
- Dahl and Cabbage (jjasonwhatsinseason.wordpress.com)