Being a wife and a mother, I have decided to love cooking
and so far so good. I now enjoy cooking as much as I enjoy
eating. Most of all, my hubby appreciates and is happy
Below is one of my hubby's fave dish. He taught me the
recipe. It is a very simple dish and easy to prepare.
Dal Palak Dish
Dal - 1 cup
Palak leaves- 1 bunch
Tomato - 1 small (sliced)
Onion - 1 medium (sliced)
Green Chili - 2 pcs
Turmeric - 1/3 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds - 1/3 tsp
Cumin - a pinch
Garlic - 10 cloves (crushed w/ skin)
Onion - 1 small (sliced thinly)
Curry leaves - 10 leaves
1. Wash & boil the Dal together with tomato,onion,green
chili,turmeric and salt. Cook until Dal is mushy.
2. Meanwhile, fry the seasoning ingredients then keep aside.
3. Wash the Palak leaves well then cut them around 1 inch
including the soft stems.
4. If the Dal is mushy, add the palak leaves and fried
seasoning then let it boil for few minutes. Taste and
add more salt if needed.
5. Serve with plain rice and fried fish.