” Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path ” – Psalm 119 :105
Everyday is not the same although we seem to do the same routine. Everyday our mood is different. Everyday our emotions and feelings vary.
Some days we are happy and content. Other days we are discouraged and sad. Each of us has his/her own way of coping with such negative feelings. Mine is reminding myself of God’s promises. Below are some of them that I find comforting:
- Isaiah 40:31 “but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint”.
- Joshua 1:9 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go”
- Isaiah 59:1 “Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short to save, nor his ear to dull to hear”
- Lamentations 3 : 22-23 “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassion never fails. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness”.
How about you? How do you encourage yourself? How do you lift your spirit up when you are feeling down?
- New Year, Same Reason to Be Grateful (lettersinlonghand.wordpress.com)
- What Makes Faith Perfect (todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com)
- Attributes Of God. (pinkforpeace.wordpress.com)
- Seek The Lord While He May Be Found (todaysanewday.wordpress.com)
- Victory by God’s Grace (butterflyinthespring.com)
- If You’re Feeling Weary Today (lindalou10.wordpress.com)