I cooked Beef Kofta Curry the other day. I took the picture in hurry because I heard Abby was crying. I thought of taking a better one later on but then my hubby came and we are done eating before remembering what I had planned.
Nonetheless, I am posting it to show that I am really trying to cook. So here it is…
Oh by the way, I didn’t prepare the meatballs. My good hubby brought them so all I had to sweat about was cooking the gravy.
I searched the net how to cook it and here’s what I found.
- 3 tablespoons ghee or oil
- 2 medium-sized onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder or to taste
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander or mint
- lemon juice to taste
Heat the ghee or oil in a large, heavy saucepan. Brown the meatballs, remove from the pan and set aside. In the same pan fry the onions, garlic and ginger until soft and golden. Add turmeric, garam masala and chilli powder. Fry for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, salt and meatballs, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until the gravy is thick. Stir in the chopped herbs and lemon juice.
To see the whole recipe including the preparation/ingredients of meatballs. Please click here.
So there you go folks. Why don’t you try cooking it too? Oh about the taste? It may not look perfect in the picture but my hubby said “perfect” and I believed him.
- ::::Kaale Masale ka Chicken Pulao:::: (yyyumtym.wordpress.com)
- Today’s Recipes (housewifesutopia.com)
- Diwali delight, Part One… make your own Garam Masala (slightlydomesticateddad.wordpress.com)
- Sag Paneer ~ a fresh taste (promenadeplantings.wordpress.com)